Tuesday 31 May 2011

Bread Salad

(not really a main dish but I LOVE it!) 2-3 green bell peppers--diced
5 or so tomatoes (usually this many if they are small, like roma tomatoes)--diced
1 small block of mozerella--cubed
basil--I buy the small fresh container and use about half to 2/3 of it--finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic--finely chopped
4 table spoons of balsamic vinegar
8 table spoons of olive oil
2/3 to 3/4 italian round bread--ripped into bite sized pieces and lightly toasted

First I toast the bread on a cookie sheet on broil in the oven, be careful it burns really easily. Then I mix the peppers, tomates, mozerella, bread and basil in a bowl. In a seperate container I mix the vinegar, oil and garlic. Shake it really well. Then put it over the other stuff and mix it around, right before it is to be served. That way the bread doesn't get as soggy.

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment